With the current budget battle raging in Washington, many members of Congress have commented over the last several weeks (with all civility, of course) about how they should be fixing the problems facing our country.
The media has (fortunately or unfortunately) given ample time for many on both sides of the aisle to put in their two cents, and as crazy as it sounds, our representatives have not disappointed.
I, however, was especially pleased to see former Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, have her time in the sun to tell us how horrible conservative members of Congress are.
Goodness, how I have missed you, Nancy.
As a matter of fact, her recent time in the spotlight reminded me about just how much I have missed her being Speaker of the House. I even put together a list:
The Top 10 Things I Miss About Nancy Pelosi Being Speaker of the House
10. The historical transparency of Congress during her time as Speaker.
9. The new tone of civility and honesty she helped create within Washington.
8. The way she “drained the swamp” of rampant corruption in Congress – especially within her own party.
7. Her beady eyes, maybe?
(No link provided…Thankfully)
6. Her unbelievable talent of winning Blink-Offs against Dick Cheney during State of the Union speeches?
5. How about the fiscal discipline and responsibility she oversaw?
4. But, seriously, who suggested I cover this topic?
3. Ah, how about the patience and restraint she showed as she led the Healthcare battle even when she didn’t actually know what was in the bill?
2. Um, the way she used children and the elderly to score political points?
1. Is there really anything I miss about her not being Speaker of the House?
That has to count for something, right?
What about you? Anything you miss about Nancy Pelosi being speaker of the House?