Every elected official, from school board member to state legislator to the President of the United States plays a vital role in shaping the policies and direction of our communities, states, and nation. These offices deserve men and women who are grounded in the principles of liberty and individual freedom. With the eyes of the nation on Illinois, it is more important now than ever before that we have defenders of liberty stepping forward to run for office. American Majority’s political training is designed to enhance your campaign effort through targeted education and resources.
American Majority Illinois will be holding a series of Candidate, Campaign Staff and Activist Trainings on Monday evenings, October 17th through December 5th at 2057 West Irving Park Road, Chicago. The training will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m. and end at 8:30 p.m. Registration begins at 6:30 pm. Pre-registration is $10 per participant and $15 at the door. A discounted rate of $55 is available if you register for all events. Registration fee includes training materials, continuing education materials, access to podcasts and other presentations and communications curriculum. Pre-registration is strongly encouraged*.
The campaign training series is designed specifically to educate candidates, campaign staff and activists at every level how to run effective and victorious campaigns and prepare them to become successful elected officials.
In the first session on Monday, October 17th, the topic will be:
- So, You Want to Run for Office: Often, deciding if you should run is one of the toughest decisions of a campaign. This presentation will go through the basics of what to expect, how to decide if it’s right for you, and most importantly, how to determine where to run.
The series will continue with the following topics**:
- October 24- Creating your Campaign Plan & Structure
- October 31- Campaign Manager, Part 1
- November 7- Campaign Manager, Part 2
- November 14- Fundraising
- November 21- Campaign Online
- November 28- Public Speaking & Messaging
- December 5- GOTV
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact Sarah Gough at Sarah.G@AmericanMajority.org or Raquel Mitchell at Raquel@AmericanMajority.org. You can also call 630-455-0736.
American Majority is a non-profit and non-partisan political training organization whose mission is to train and equip a national network of leaders committed to individual freedom through limited government and the free market.
* American Majority reserves the right to cancel a date if the registration does not reach the training minimum. So be sure to register for each event!
** Dates and topics are subject to change